Based on our industry survey conducted in June 2020:
- A third of comedy venues believe they’ll be forced to close within the next six months, with 77.8% facing closure within the next year.
- Over 45% of the industry have already given serious thought to leaving comedy because of the pandemic, with just under 60% of all respondents predicting they’ll need to leave before February 2021 unless we’re able to get back to live performances.
- 73.5% of respondents have found their mental health negatively impacted by job and industry uncertainty during the pandemic.
- Over three quarters of performers have earnt less than 5% of their pre-pandemic estimated income from online performances.
- Only 17.1% of promoters expect that post-pandemic they’ll be running 100% of the regular events they promoted before lockdown.